Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wake Up Call

Gamble is pretty sensitive about bedtime.  He likes it if we're both able to give him hugs and kisses, and when one of us isn't home, he's at least a little torn up about it.  Even though we usually wake him up and hug him to let him know we're there, he never remembers it.

Last night, I was out with Uncles Johnnie and Chris throwing the darts and drinking the beers.  I got home before Gamble was totally asleep, but outside his door, I found a note, written out in crayon:

"Daddie, please wake me up."

I went in.  He was still on the phone with Nic's folks, so I got to hug him.  And he remembered it today.

So tonight, with Mommie gone, I was clacking away on the computer in the loft, and he was on the phone.  He came out a couple times with toys that were stuck together for a little help.  The second time I took the toy back to him, I nearly stepped on another note, written out in crayon:

"Mommie, please wake me up."

Adorable.  He's such an awesome little guy.

No comments: