Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pretty in Purple

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that we identified Random's favorite color yesterday.

I had the kids helping me with laundry (Gamble was helping do inside-outing, and separating the clothes into piles by owner. Random, having recently learned to throw paper in the garbage, was more than happy to throw away dryer sheets as we found them in the drifts of clothing). She grabbed at a pair of royal purple pants as I threw them in the pile.

"Pabu? Do you want those on?"

Big grin. She held them out to me, and I put them on her.

I have a pair of royal purple running shorts. They're shiny, the way that some gym clothes material is, and when I say royal purple, I mean *obnoxiously* royal purple. She grabbed for those, too. I used an office binder clip to clip the shorts like a cape around her neck. You'll probably see pictures on the Phanfare website soon.

On top of that, she was able to repeat the word purple. It was so cute to hear her repeating it over and over.

We went outside, and the royal purple pants got wet, but later, we found more purples in the laundry, and when I held out some new lavender pants to wear, she immediately started trying to take off her pink ones. She couldn't wait for it to Then last night before bed, I went to try to put on jammies. It's hard for me to figure out what fits her, so I picked some pink pants that I knew would work, and a purple top. I gave her the purple top to hold, but when I tried to put the pink pants on her, she freaked out. I got them on her and showed her that the purple shirt was still going to be put on. When I put it on her, she sighed and looked down her arms with a smile.

So I guess we'll be retooling the wardrobe...

No comments: