Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cat Poop Park

I'm sure everyone up north here has noticed that it doesn't feel quite like easter or spring, what with the four inches of snow on the ground everywhere. 

 Gamble's got the cabin fever, and he really would like to get himself outside from time to time. Above all, he misses the park. We used to go pretty much every other day last year, so that he could swing, slide, whatever. We've not been able to go at all this year yet, and he's starting to ask to go. 

Of course, all of this would be fine if he knew the names of the parks, but he doesn't. When he wants to visit the park by our house, he can only say, "I want to go to da powk with the two blue ladders." The other park we go to, however, is "that park with the cat poop." 

 Last year sometime, someone left some food, perhaps a quarter of a banana, up on one of the park toys. By the time we'd seen it, it was rotten pretty much beyond recognition. So when he asked what it was, and I saw it, I did the best I could. I told him that it was cat poop, and that he should keep his hands off it. 

 And he did. 

Except because it was under a little overhang, the rain never washed it away. I'm very interested to see whether it's still there after the winter, but even if it's not, I bet he'll still be calling it Cat Poop Park.

No comments: