Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Celebration Day

In the car the other day.

Gamble: Daddie?

Me: Yeah?

Gamble: I want to be someone to make a special day.

Me: Make a special day?

Gamble: Yeah.  I want to make a day that everyone gets to celebrate.  I want to be the one to make that day.

Me: You want to create a holiday?

Gamble (excited): Yeah!  And we'll call it Celebration Day.  And everyone can come to my house and celebrate.

Me: You mean like your birthday?

Gamble: Not exactly.  Like a holiday.  And people will all come to my house and celebrate Celebration Day.

Me: I don't see why we can't do that.  We'll have to ask Mommie whether she'd be ok with sending out mid-summer Celebration Day holiday cards to your friends to come over, but there's no reason at all you can't invent any reason you want to have a party.

Gamble:  I have a good idea for another new holiday.  St. Daddie's Day!

Me: Sign me up.  I like that holiday.

No comments: