Thursday, March 8, 2007

Astronaut

A while back, Gamble was talking every day about he and Daddie were going to live to be a hundred, that he was going to be an astronaut and take me up to outer space on his rocket.

Daily, I remind him how important school is to being an astronaut. How he's going to have to study every day to reach his goals, but that if he really wants to be an astronaut, I'd help him plan his flight path.

Well, the other night he was on the phone with Nic's folks, and he was telling them all about how he wants to be an astronaut and that he'd have to go to college.

Then he asked what college was.

They tried to tell him that college was like school now, only harder.

His reply? "Oh, I love school! What else do I do in college?"

They told him he could have a girlfriend (only darnit I hope he gets the girls before that, except I've got this horrible double standard where Random's not dating until after her pension starts paying out).

He replied, "I don't want a girlfriend. Mommie is my girlfriend, because she is so beautiful."

Mommie? No two-timing with that astronaut. There's been enough astronaut scandals in the news.

No comments: