Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mister Potato-face

The other day Pobbes got a set of christmas cookie cutters in different colors for one of her 12 days of Christmas gifts. Tonight after her bath, I was playing in the loft with her. Nicole said that she's been asking Random to bring her the shapes one at a time, by color.

She's getting it, kinda. She definitely loves the color purple, and brings it pretty reliably, but she's doing okay with the other colors, too.

Tonight she brought me the red heart and the green tree. I put them in my eye sockets, squinting them into place as if they were monocles.

She nearly squealed with delight. She said, "Eyes," and gently reached up and grabbed each one and dropped them to the floor.

Then she picked another one, the blue snowflake, and brought it back to me and said, "Eyes?" I squinted that one into place, and followed it with the green one on the other one. I put the red heart over my lips and squished it up against my nose. I'm sure I looked really silly, but Random loved it.

She continued this game for a few rounds, deciding which shapes and which colors went where. It was only after that I was being her Mister Potato-face.

Oh, what I do for these girls!

No comments: