Monday, December 8, 2008

Forensic Poop Man

Warning: Readers with sensitive stomachs will look away now, or at least stop eating.

So Gamble has been having trouble going to the bathroom (constipation), and up till yesterday, it’s been mostly a Mommie issue. Of course, over the weekend, there’s always the possibility that Daddie will be called to the scene.

It’s my own fault. I asked him to notify us if there were any changes in color that he was worried about. So naturally, guess what happened.

Last night, he’d gone in, and after a while, I went to check on him. Through the door, “You okay?”

He responded with, “ Yeah.”

Mommie, from the loft, “You know, the other day I gave him the DS while he was waiting.”

Before I could respond, the bathroom door said, “You know, she’s right!”

Shaking my head on the way to get the DS, I mumbled to no one in particular, “When I was a boy, I had to take a book into the bathroom and read.

I take in the DS, and he stands up, points at the toilet and says, “Daddie? It’s red.”

So I’m starting to worry that he’s colorblind, too. It’s not red, but a bicolored lightbrown/green. I spend a few minutes reassuring him that everything’s ok, and that no matter what, he can always ask me. Forensic Poop Man’s on the job.

No comments: