Monday, May 21, 2007

Boys' Weekend - The Lost Episode

And I forgot to mention it. Saturday morning, when we went out to go to breakfast, we found an old picture he had drawn at day care in my car.

"Daddie, look! It's a treasure map!"

"Oh yeah?"

"And see that orange spot?" Well, you're in the back seat. No, I can't see it.

"Yeah, I see it. What is it?"

"It's Alassica." Not Alaska, though I'm sure that's what he was going for.

"Oh, yeah? Hey, are you planning to take Jessica to Alassica?"

"Yeah. She's going to help me find the tweasure." Still no R's.

We drove to breakfast and Menards. As we went through the store, he kept telling me whether I was going toward or away from the treasure.

And then he said that the treasure was the bowling alley, and that we'd have to walk from Menards to the bowling alley to earn it. Well, I never found out what the treasure was, but it sure made for an interesting diversion.

No comments: