Monday, February 16, 2009

A Fitting Question

From Mommie:

"Last week while I was gone, and I was talking to Gamble on the phone. He said to me, 'Mommie, you are so beautiful, and you always smell so good. Do you think that maybe you could wear a dress for me sometime?'

"What a little charmer.

"'Uh... Sure, Gamble. Why?'

"'Well, I just haven't seen you in a dress in a while, and I really think that it would make you look more beautiful. Maybe you could wear it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?'

"Oozing with charm. How could this Mommie refuse? 'Okay, Gamble. Mommie will see what she can do.'

"Then today.

"'Mommie, I am looking forward to getting married but I think that I am going to be embarassed to kiss the girl in front of people.'

"'Uh, Gamble, what brought this up?'

"'Well, I was just looking at the picture of you and Daddie and thinking about it.' (He was looking at our wedding picture.)

"'Oh, of course, Gamble. Well, you have time for that.'

"'Does that dress still fit you, Mommie?'

"'Why do you ask Gamble?

"'Well, I was thinking that I would really like to see you in it.'

"Wouldn't we all, Gamble. Wouldn't we all..."

Even if this Mommie doesn't now, she's still as beautiful as the day I met her.

No comments: