Friday, June 6, 2008

The Royal Treatment

I miss my family, and they're coming home today! I can't wait to see every one of them: Nicole, because I miss that conversation and together time after the kids go to bed; Random, because I bet that in just two weeks, she will have changed enough that I'll get to see the magic transformations that the passage of time seems to perform on kids so young - even in pictures she looks older; and Gamble, my little buddy, Gilligan to my Skipper, man Friday to my Crusoe, Watson to my Holmes - I can't want just to hang with him.

One reason that he's got that special place is the royal treatment. Before he left, he quite literally treated me like a king, saying things like, "Daddie, we can do whatever you want because you're the king!" and "Mommie, we have to do what Daddie says, because he's the king."

But the real capper is when he sweeps one arm across his body and says, "Yes, your majesty," when I ask him to do something, like cleaning his room. Silly as it is, I find this highly amusing.

Come home, family! Come home! I miss you all - queen, princess, and little prince, all!

No comments: