Saturday, March 3, 2007

Mr. Sniffy

Gamble's keen sense of smell is well documented, but it still occasionally continues to surprise.

We changed Random's formula yet again. This time from soy to Similac Alimentum (you know, the stuff that makes gold look cheap. The stuff that Walgreen's feels the need to lock up, along with the condoms and razor blades. Snag all the 1 Gig SD cards you want off the front wall, but no way are you slipping out with anything that feeds, prevents, or shaves a baby).

She's doing okay on it, but it smells terrible. Nicole and I are of two minds on the smell, kind of like the brownies.

I, for one, thought that the smell of the new Alimentum was better than the smell of the soy. The soy stuff smells like potatoes, and everything started to smell like this after a couple of days. It was making me sick to even think of french fries. Trust me. A couple nights covered in potato-smelling vomit might put you off potatoes too.

Except this Alimentum smelled, I thought, like dog or cat food. Just disgusting, but at least I could eat again (Nicole thinks opposite. She right liked our little potato peach).

Gamble had his own opinion. He came up, took one sniff, and asked, "Daddie? Did Random eat goldfish?"

I wasn't sure what he was driving at. He gave me an impatient look. The one that hearkened back to the "Dopey Daddie" days. "You know, those goldfish crackers."

And with one sniff, I confirmed it. It smells exactly like chewed, partially digested, goldfish crackers.

And now, I'm not sure I'll ever eat them again.

No comments: