Sunday, March 4, 2007

More Culinary Advice

Ok, so as I sit here, finishing the beef brownies off, I feel the need to tell you about another culinary masterpiece/abomination I was recently made aware of. No, I'm not talking about the fried chicken waffles that Uncle Johnnie introduced me to (faboo, even the eggo/boca chicken version).

No, I'm talking about the pankegg.

I made pankeggs for the family today for Sunday breakfast. They were a hit! They're not an original, mind. I saw them the other day on The Show with Ze Frank.

Take pancake mix (I do mine from scratch out of the Joy of Cooking - I like the way the melted butter works throughout the mix). Griddle the pancake on one side. Alongside the pancake, crack an egg. Then flip the uncooked side of the pancake on top of the egg. With a little practice, it will seal all the way around the yolk, and you can either have pankeggs over easy or over hard.

It comes off a little like french toast, and tastes great with syrup.

It's been a great week for cooking at the Davis household!

No comments: