Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Intentional

Last night Random was crying a blue streak. Mommie, exhausted from being up with her a million times already, hadn’t heard her yet, so I got up to try to assist in my own bleary-Daddie way.

When I walked into her room, I saw her sitting in her crib, and as I got nearer to her, I saw she was holding her blanket. She cried as she held the blanket up to me.

As I took it, I realized that her crib music was playing, which she always likes to fall asleep to. As soon as I’d taken the blanket, all crying ceased. She face-planted into her pillow, and I put the blanket over her.

In retrospect, it was evident that she was upset that she could not get the blanket on top of her, though whether for comfort or warmth, I can’t say. She cried until I came to help, and went back to sleep with no fuss.

She’s become so much more interesting in only a few weeks. Or maybe I have.

No comments: