Sunday, February 18, 2007

Whatever Happened To Me

Days pass. Nights and days. Days and days. Still I don't blog. I now remember the early days of Gamble. It's no wonder that I didn't start blogging until he was 14 or 15 months old.

With Random, it's different.

She's so much more peaceful. She definitely has gas and in/out issues, but they are far less severe than Gamble's.

There's time. There's sleep. It's not bad at all. Sure, the sleep is broken, but overall more of it than with Gamble.

So how is it that I can't write more? Well, things happen, and I forget them. Like the first doctor's appointment where the doctor declared Random adorable and hugged her. Or the time that Nicole was trying to give Random a sponge bath, and she kept squirming to try to get away.

Random's got a remarkably strong neck, back, and legs, and she squirms and kicks so hard it's difficult to get a diaper on her sometimes.

And I forgot that feeding a baby takes both hands. It's obvious, and a phase that doesn't last long, but it's amazing how little you get done with both your hands tied up. And when you do get free, often you don't get to type. Dishes, bottles, laundry all have to be done. We've been very lucky that several people in our parents' group have brought us dinners, so that's freed up some time.

So I will try to continue blogging as best I'm able. I'm sure Nicole will help me remember those things I want to remember to tell people, and we'll all ride this baby wave together.

No comments: