Tuesday, February 6, 2007

And So It Begins


I was down in NICU feeding Random when the nurse told me that there was a blinking light on the fax machine indicating an incoming message, hopefully the results from the echocardiogram. Although we're at Central Dupage Hospital, they conferenced the procedure in to Children's Hospital downtown. The doctor downtown was the one reading the echo.

Random needed to eat, so we started the process of getting her vitals and getting her ready for dinner.

Now this was not my first diaper, but she was clean and easy. Empty diaper. After changing it, I was giving her the pacifier while waiting for the nurse to get the bottle ready. At that point, I see her clench and hear a bbrrfft! Then the smell.

Oooh the poo.

So I got to change her a second time. This after getting hit with flying vomit twice today. Oh yes, how I forgot how life just throws you into parenting.

The doctor came in, though, and told us that the echocardiogram, if it showed anything, showed something pretty minor, and that we should just follow up with a cardiologist if the pediatrician heard a heart murmur.

So I was told we could have Random join us up in our room. I was so excited. Mommie was sleeping when I came down, so I figured I'd surprise her. I asked them not to tell her.

So we were waiting for the paperwork, and I had my back to the door when I heard my lovely's voice. Nicole had done her extra exercise and gotten up and walked with her wheelchair for support all the way down to NICU! She was so excited to hear that Random was off her monitors, and just waiting there for us to take upstairs.

So now we're upstairs, with Random in our room, and we're one step closer to being a whole family. Now we just need to get everyone home to be with Gamble, too! For now, enjoy the photo of the three of us!

No comments: