Saturday, November 22, 2008

Zap Happy

I don't know whether it's the new couch. I don't know whether it's the change in weather and subsequent lack of humidity. I suspect it's a combination, since it's a new phenomenon, and it only really happens on the couch.

The kids are electric. I mean, they've always been energetic, and many times I've said they were scintillating. But now, they're shocking.

Each other.

I noticed it the other day, when Gamble crawled quickly across the couch. The snap, crackle, and pop that followed him around was constant. As he crawled over to me, I could feel the gathering static.

when he finally touched me, it was with an audible snap that sounded like a whip crack in the relative silence of the evening.

This morning, both kids were crawling around on the couch. Pobbes' hair, being fine and long, stood up around her head like a halo. And they chased each other around and around, zapping each other and laughing on every contact. They had gone completely zap happy.

No comments: