Friday, May 2, 2008

Reading Time

From Nicole:

Thankfully, my parents have been talking with Gamble almost nightly on the phone since about January of last year. The routine has been that Gamble gets through his shower,last call for food, and med time and then he calls my parents. Usually they play games, sing songs and/or just listen to G play for about an hour.

Lately, they have been reading him up to 5 books a night once he is tucked into bed. Through this, Gamble has found a favorite book: Gus and the Baby Ghost, by Jane Thayer. The book is about Gus (who is a ghost), and Mr. Frizzle, the museum keeper, who find a baby ghost in the museum and have a difference of opinion.

Once the books are read and G is tucked in bed, he stays in there, usually with no "curtain calls." Last night, however, was different: I went to check on him well after he was off the phone, before I went to bed, and found that his phone was still in bed with him. Not thinking much of it, I picked it up to find that it was still connected to my parents' line. Yikes! I can't believe it. G had fallen asleep while listening to a story. How very sweet! Hope he had extra good dreams.

What I didn't know was that Mom had fallen asleep to the same book last night as well and tonight? Grandbear fell asleep to it. Man, with books like this, who needs Ambien? Watch out Pharmaceutical companies!

No comments: