Friday, May 2, 2008

Funny Time

Another from Nicole:

So, we had finally gotten back into the house after the showing today when I noticed that my new bedding set was on the front porch. Yay, something to make this day not so crazy but crazier yet. I could either wait for K to come home to help gimpy me or I could do it myself. Yup, by myself. So, I did. I took the mattress of the bed and stripped everything off, including the bed skirt. Then, I got out the iron and ironing board so that I could iron the new bed skirt. My once clean room was a mess but I was okay with it until G came in.

G: Whoa, Mommie. You made a huge mess.

M: Whoa, Gamble. I'm the Mommie. It's okay.

G: Well, Mommie, I'm not helping you clean up this mess so don't even ask.

M: I wouldn't dare think of it, but could you go change Sissy's diaper? (giggling)

G: Mommie. You know that I can't and she stinks.

M: I know, but please take her in your room and play with her. I need to get this iron put away...as R rolls around in all of the pillows, blankets and mayhem that has become my bedroom.

And so, together they played - for the first time in G's room - with the door shut! A new era indeed. And a new bed set for me! Yippeeeee!

No comments: