Thursday, April 17, 2008

Babysitter Down

Another from Mommie:

"Well, I think I may be losing my babysitter. No, not Hi-5; Random still loves that.

For months, Gamble has happily climbed in Random's crib when she cries in the morning and entertains her until I get up. Sometimes this is as little as 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Either way, it's been a godsend, especially on those mornings where I have been up all night with Princess and need a little extra shuteye.

Today was a different story.

G went to Princess, but after about 2 minutes, I hear him leave. This is not unusual. If he leaves, it's only briefly and it's to get a toy or even the DS to play with in her crib.

Today, however, he left, and there was no sign of him going back. I decided that was my cue to get up. Princess began yelling, so there was no way that I could sleep any longer. While getting breakfast, I asked G why he left.

He answered simply, "It's boring. I didn't want to stay in there any longer. I can't do it, Mom!"

Oh no! I've lost my babysitter. Thankfully, she is sleeping through the night... mostly.

No comments: