Monday, May 25, 2009

Scout

From Mommie: 

"Gamble is very much coming out of his shell too.  He has made many new friends in the neighborhood and is having the time of his life.  In fact, when there are no kids around, he gets bored and very sad.  

"After listening to him pout this afternoon, I finally told him to go knock on the neighbor's door to see if the little boy could play.  Eager to take my advice (this is something that I am well known for doing when I was a kid), he went down there.  

"After a few minutes, he comes back with a popsicle.  Confused, I asked him what happened.  He said that he ran into his dear friend Kayla and that she gave it to him.  Happy as a clam, he ate it outside, waiting for some kids to come out.  

"With the looming rain, it wasn't looking promising.  

"Then he proclaimed that Caden could play once he finished dinner and that he needed to finish his homework and dinner so he could go back and play.  Excited for him, I told him sure.  It wasn't until later that I learned that Gamble had Kayla go to Caden's house and ask if he could come and play with Gamble while Gamble waited on the sidewalk for an answer.  

"Five years old and already getting other people to do his dirty work.  Nice.  I guess that is why he came home later and tried to tell me what I should be doing.  Ummm, no.  Think again, kid."

No comments: