Sunday, April 5, 2009

Daddie and the Forgotten Task

There's one thing to be busy to the point of distraction, but this was something else.

I'd been waiting for checks to show up to pay some medical bills, and they were overdue. They came Thursday and I was trying to write out bills while putting the kids through bedtime paces (I chose that over cleaning up the kitchen). When Random got out of the bathtub, I was concentrating on a bunch of different things at once.

It truly was a triumph of multitasking. I was writing bills, then I got her in her nightgown (she loves dresses at night), and I got hot, so I went into my room to change into shorts, and went into the bathroom to freshen up me and Random.

I sat back down to bills, and Random wandered downstairs. She wandered around for a while, and then went to give Mommie a hug.

So from the loft, I hear, "Oh, hi sweetie! You come to give Mommie a hug? How swee... AWW! What? Why are you wet?!?"

Right then I knew, but I shrunk back into my chair, trying to become invisible.

Mommie came up the stairs with her. "Honey?" she asked me. "Forget something?"

"Um. A diaper?"

"Guess who gets to give Random another bath!"

"Um. Me?"

"Right."

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever messed up the diaper duty this badly. Not only did I get to give little girl a bath, but I stepped in the pee-puddle in the carpet downstairs and got to clean that up, too.

Not likely to forget again, me.

No comments: