Monday, August 25, 2008

Supplies

Tonight, Gamble and I left the house at 7:45 to find school supplies.

We returned home at 9:35.

In the interim, we went to Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Meijer, Dominicks, Target, Office Depot, Jewel, a different Walgreens. The hardest item to find? A box of 8 fat Crayola crayons. And I still have to take back three boxes of 10 Crayola markers I got in case I couldn't find boxes of 8.

In the end, I think we have everything he needs to start school on Thursday. Next year, we're getting the supplies the day we get the sheet. Fighting sellouts of Crayola is not in our cards again.

Gamble was with me the whole time, and to his credit, he was... perfect. We played Jedi as we walked through the store, or we played "Dry Bones (him) and Boo (me)," two bad guys from the Mario universe.

While we were walking through Dominicks, he said, "Daddie, this is so much fun. I don't want you to go to the store anymore without me."

Talk about making my night, and making the whole effort worthwhile.

No comments: