Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting a Drink

Today, Nic sent on a funny story:

From the Kitchen to the Master bedroom I hear, "Pabu, you are going to be in so much trouble! I am telling Mom on you!"

Me (calling out): What is wrong, Gamble?

Stomp, stomp, stomp. (Gamble is coming to the bedroom.)

Gamble: Pabu tried to drink my water and now we are both soaked. There was no lid on it. She now has it all over her head and my clothes are soaked. I am so mad at her!

I started laughing hysterically

Gamble: Mom, it is not funny!

I went to have a look at the situation. Sure enough, Random was standing at the kitchen table with water all over her head trying to reach the cup again for a sip of water. Because I was still laughing, Gamble was growing even more frustrated. "Gam," I said, "It's funny. She tried to do something and ended up with water all over her head. C'mon, you gotta see how funny that is."

Gamble: Okay, I guess it is kinda funny.

Shirts were changed, the floor was cleaned, Gamble finished breakfast and all was again right with the world... even if it was a little wet.

No comments: