Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Circus Act

What is it about kids and stunt work? I mean, I've never met a kid that didn't like to be tossed about, whirled around, held upside down.

Random's a circus girl. She finds the strangest things funny. Tonight, I lay down on my back and I rolled from side to side. When she landed on my right, she was sitting on her butt. When I rolled to my left, she was upside down.

I wasn't permitted to stop. Roll to my right, and she would stretch up and say, "Aahhhh!" going up at the end like a question, and I would roll to my left, and she'd giggle to be held upside down. She's already been noted to like spinning around, of course, but we had fun tonight for about twenty minutes straight as I gently turned her on the Sit and Spin that Aunt Shannon got Gamble for his first birthday. Turns out she likes it too!

And she got all jiggy with it. She started getting daring, clapping her hands while she was spinning. Occasionally she'd tip over backwards gently, but I'd catch her and push her right back up.

Tonight, I tossed a ball into her lap. She clapped and handed it back when I put my hand out. I tossed two balls into her lap, and she grabbed one in each hand and handed it back to me. She didn't throw them, so it's not a back and forth, but she was really happy to play. I also juggled just these two balls, and she got all excited, clapping her hands and saying "AaaahhH! AaaahhH!"

On top of that, she's started trying to sing. She sees Hi-5 on TV, and she tries to sing along with it, and Nicole says that over the weekend, after a lot of the alphabet song, she sang "A-B-C" along with her.

She's on the verge, people!

Also, Happy Birthday to Grandma Pat today! Twenty-nine and still delivering mail!

No comments: