Monday, April 2, 2007

Sucker Punch

Another Mommie tale:

So after feeding Random and the typical spit-up, I thought it was time I should change her butt. It was 7:30 am and she had been grunting for some time. All I wanted to do was go back to bed, so I thought if I cleaned her butt and put some new clothes on her, she would be content, so on the changing table she went.

I opened her diaper to find some clay-like stool and decided, since was still grunting, to wait a minute. With her diaper unhooked, I checked periodically to see if she was done. It was on the 3rd time that I checked that I saw her peeing.

Okay, close the diaper, I thought to myself.

Then I looked up at her and she was smiling. Oh, so she thought peeing into her unhooked diaper was funny.

That's when it happened.

She spit up, the vomit arcing up and out, barely missing my face. Nice! First the poo, then the pee, and then the puke. She's done, right? If I change her, she will go to sleep?

No avail. It got to almost 8am and guess what? She wanted to eat again.

As a side note - she was wearing the Hungry Caterpillar jammies. For those of you who don't know the story, the caterpillar just keeps eating until he could eat no more and then went into hibernation. I am hoping that this happens before the Nanny arrives and I have to be up for the day. Time is ticking!

No comments: